JL Audio VX800/8i Digital Signal Processing with 8-Channel Car Amplifier
We heard a lot of pre-launch buzzing about JL Audio's VXi Series amplifiers, which combine JL Audio's latest amplifier technology with powerful signal processing. JL Audio teamed up with micro-device maker AKM to create this customized processor-amp hybrid. They also improved the amp's Class D performance by shortening the signal path through the amp, placing the output capacitor banks nearer the outputs, and using up-to-date DirectFET MOSFET output devices, resulting in higher efficiency, reliability, and audio quality.
The VX800/8i 8-channel amplifier puts out 75 watts RMS per channel and features 10 channels of digital signal processing, giving you incredible versatility. For example, you could power a system with 3-way front component speakers and full-range rear speakers, plus provide a processed signal for a separate subwoofer amplifier.
- 8-channel car amplifier 75 watts RMS x 8 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 8 at 2 ohms).
- Class D amplifier design with switching amp technology 24-bit 96 kHz digital processing.
- DSP adjustments and settings made with JL Audio's TuN app (PC and Mac) via USB, via Bluetooth (tablets and phones)
- BTC Bluetooth option 3 Project Levels of tuning:Basic,Advanced, Expert.
- Input routing and mixing adjustable gain controls with clip indication fully adjustable high-pass, low-pass, and bandpass filters selectable filter slopes (6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48 dB/octave).
- 10-band EQ (graphic in Basic, parametric in Advanced and Expert modes) phase and polarity control time alignment in 0.01 ms (1/8") increments.
- Phase and polarity control
- Time alignment in 0.01 ms (1/8") increments
- 2-channel digital input and output