Alpine X-W10D4 X-Series 10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils & Alpine ID
They’re here. The arrival of the X-Series Subwoofer is a reason to rejoice
The New X-Series subwoofers were developed from a sound philosophy we call Alpine ID – a focus on highly accurate components built for superior imaging. A triple stacked magnet surrounds an extended voice coil which allows a very long excursion resulting in huge air movement. A specialized CRC pole with integrated cooling fins and an aluminum shorting cap reduce the lag of coil’s alternating movement while also providing cooling within the motor. The cone structure is suspended by two spiders and our patented H.A.M.R. surround. The stability of the dual-spider along with the even unfolding of the multi-roll surround create incredibly linear cone travel, free of any unneeded movement that cause distortion.
ALPINE: IMAGE DEFINED
Or Alpine ID for short, is the new Alpine global sound culture with an evolutionary approach for solving what’s missing in most car audio systems these days: great spatial imaging and depth of sound stage. It centers on developing matched sound systems with core components that work together to achieve greater realism in the sound stage while maintaining great dynamic range and accuracy.
CRITICAL EVALUATION OF IN-CAR SOUND
Alpine’s top engineers from all over the world gathered in Alpine headquarters to deeply research and evaluate sound systems from both the aftermarket and high-end OE manufacturers. Many systems today have incredible dynamic range and reach sufficient volume levels, but lacked the reality of instruments and spatial imaging. As a result, Alpine ID was born, a sound philosophy that continues to inspire us to create a new level of sonic performance.
BUILT TO MOVE TONS OF AIR
The 24mm Xmax is best in class and allows close to 2 inches of full cone motion. In order to create a powerful yet accurate subwoofer, we had to implement several technologies that keep the cone under control. Dual spiders ensure a rigid moving assembly while the HAMR surround provides long linear travel. A shorting ring keeps the THD down while a custom heat sink integrated CRC pole and shorting cap keeps high magnetic force. These design aspects come together to produce incredibly precise, powerful bass.
EASY GRILLE AND TRIM RING INCLUDED
Taking design cues from tweeter development, we’re incorporating a twist-lock trim ring which allows easy attachment of the included metal mesh grill. With a simple twist, the trim ring locks into place, concealing the mounting screws and locking the optional grille into place. The trim can be installed with or without the grille.
- Alpine ID Sound Quality
- 900W RMS, making it a perfect match for the X-Series X-A90M 900W mono amplifier
- 24mm linear Xmax (1 way), 48 mm peak to peak
- Dual spiders for precision control over the large dynamic range
- Dual shorting rings for strong motor control ensuring low THD and tight bass
- Center pole radial heat sink which wicks heat away from the voice coil and transfers it outside the motor, for long term high output
- The biggest HAMR surround yet, for linear cone movement throughout its large range of excursion
- Light but rigid pulp/mica cone which allows for highly accurate bass with great natural tone
- Twist-lock Trim ring with full mesh grill included
- Frequency Response: 24Hz-200Hz
- Mounting Depth: 6-3/4 Inch